Thread: Intimacy
View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default Jun 17, 2019 at 11:28 PM

"my point is if your body and mind didnt have intimate feelings for this person you wouldnt have created two children and wouldnt still be with this person."

This may be true for some people but it does not make it true for everyone. Lots of humans go through their lives feeling empty or disconnected from everyone around them. Lots of people have attachment disorders. Lots of people experience trauma and abuse in childhood, or adulthood, and the very idea of true emotional intimacy becomes terrifying. To suggest that anyone who had sex and conceived two children must have felt true intimacy, even though they clearly stated they did not, is just not realistic. Sex can be a mechanical act for some folks. So can making someone a meal or asking them about their day. Going through the motions of activities of daily living is not the same as truly and deeply feeling connected to others. Some women give birth and feel zero attachment to their child. Some fathers feel thoroughly disconnected from their spouse and their children. Lots of adults remain in cold or miserable relationships without feeling any true intimacy with their partner.

I cannot possibly know how someone else feels because I am not living in their mind, body, and spirit.

The human condition is much more complex than dictionary definitions.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote