View Single Post
susannahsays
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jun 2018
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 18, 2019 at 10:02 AM

I wanted to add that the thing that has been coming through to me lately from your posts is that you seem to be feeling a bit hopeless. I don't really know what to say about the whole husband/family/housing/job/etc. stuff, and getting those in a timely fashion. I don't have them either, so I don't really have any advice (although I'm not really interested in building a traditional life for myself and am currently a student).

I wonder if it might be helpful for you to have some other goal or goals that would feel more achievable that you could be working on. I think it would probably help your depression if you could find something to be working towards. It's important for all of us to have something that gives our lives meaning. It's really hard to do that when depressed, I definitely do understand. For me, I don't feel very capable of wanting much for myself. I don't really have any hopes or dreams. However, I love my dogs more than I can say. I want to be able to give them the best lives possible. Right now, that means that I spend lots of time with them and spend what little extra money I can scrape together on them instead of myself. Anyway, the point is that having the goal of providing a great life for my dogs gives my life meaning.

Do you participate in any extra-curricular activities? I think you've mentioned not really having any friends. Maybe you could volunteer or something. If you like animals, maybe you could even foster a dog or cat. Here in the US, there are some rescue organizations who provide the food and pay for the vet bills for fostered pets. Just an idea.

Thanks for this!
unaluna