View Single Post
Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 18, 2019 at 11:04 AM

Some people do create things about themselves that are not based on actual facts at all. There have been politicians that have been caught saying they experienced things they simply never experienced. There have even been news reporters that became rather well known that said they experienced things that they never experienced too. These types of behaviors can be engaged by individuals who have these cluster B traits that end up fitting into a personality "disorder".

I have a friend that experienced an individual that engaged in telling her so many lies about himself. He presented himself as a special kind of spy and that he had to move around and be very careful and had to maintain this secrecy. At the same time he was romancing her and he slowly pulled her into thinking he was in love with her and how they would have this very special life together. Unfortunately, when it came to him actually "doing" what he had been promising he ended up deserting her and leaving her totally broken and confused. One would think she made it all up too, however, I knew she was telling the truth because I had actually met this individual myself.

This experience left her in such deep confusion and disbelief that I literally had to listen to her go over all the things she experienced with him, she repeated things and I never told her she was repeating these same things either. I somehow knew she needed to repeat these things in order to finally come to a point where she saw the entire picture of what had really happened to her that left her in such a confused state of disbelief. A victim can actually be accused of being crazy, yet, in reality it was not the victim at all but instead that person was exposed to someone that was really good at gaslighting them and acting a fake persona.
Open Eyes is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
tecomsin