View Single Post
mat007

Member Since Jun 2019
Default Jun 18, 2019 at 03:01 PM

Firstly, I didn't find a category destinated to the Maladaptive Daydreaming disorder. and that's why I decided to post it here, although I don't consider it something that can induce dissociation.

I'm a daydreamer. I always was. Since I was a small kid, I have created myself a world, where I could be anyone. Like, a cop, a president, a singer, an actor, a film-producer... and I spent like 50% of my daytime in my mind.

And that's what I also do today. When I'm bored, and even during some activities, I fantasize. I don't imagine myself as a cop, or something, but I imagine myself as a successful person, a CEO, in most of the cases, at a worldwide-known company, such as Apple, Samsung or Microsoft. I also tend to fantasize about girls I fall in love with, or I just find attractive. I imagine myself in situations with them, and those things last like... i don't know. They just keep my mind busy for more than 50% of the day.

I'm also a very creative person. And I'm scared that if I will stop daydreaming I'm going to lose some (if not all) of my creativity. I won't imagine myself as a successful programmer anymore, that creates the app named "X", or "Y", and that's why I won't have any new ideas for apps.

As the title says, my question is: Will I lose my creativity if I stop daydreaming? Should I stop daydreaming or just try to take it "easier"? How can I do that?
mat007 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous44076, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, Skeezyks