qwerty68
Veteran Member

Member Since Jan 2016
418 hugs
given
Default Jun 18, 2019 at 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saidso View Post
Don't you think that negotiating boundaries build a strong relationship as well as attraction. You have a right to express how you feel about sleeping in the same bed as a stranger! Boundaries create intimacy and safety?

You seem to think that you have to always say "yes", but "no" lets someone know that your "yes" is real and to be trusted. Just my take on this. Rooting for you. Anxiety is normal - feel the fear and do it is my motto. But respect your own need for space as well!!!
It is not that I don't want to, I do. It is all so strange. Hardly anyone would say waiting 9 months to sleep together is too short and I am willing to wager that we spent more time talking in those 9 months that most couples do in their first full year of dating. I realize it is not quite the same thing but all the messages and video chats aren't meaningless either, right?

I do say no to some things, nothing important, but when I want something but hesitate it is difficult to say no even if I should, even though I will say yes in the future.

Sometimes I wish she would ask for something I really don't want just so I can say no.

She tells me I can always say no and it is fine. She also tells me 'not to ask, just take', that is a little disconcerting and I told her I could not do that. She won't even ask to do things, like wanting to see a movie. She will mention a movie she wants to see and wait to see if she can go. She told me she does that several months ago and did it last week when she mentioned a movie that she is interested in that will be out when she is here. She waited for me to tell her we will see it together.. In other ways she is much more assertive so it is challenging sometimes, but never boring. Definitely some cultural differences.

I like your motto it is more succinct than my attitude which is to just put my head down and push forward.

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky