View Single Post
Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 18, 2019 at 08:46 PM

Hi Angie, sorry to hear you are struggling with ptsd and having a hard time feeling "safe". I am currently doing a therapy that is still rather new and I don't know if this is offered in Scotland. However, you can copy it and show it to the treatment providers you are working with and ask about it. I have myself been doing this therapy, I am still rather new to it but I HAVE noticed a difference.

Talking about trauma can actually bring up some very uncomfortable feelings and a person often avoids talking about their traumas because they often reexperience how incredibly uncomfortable the experience was for them. This therapy is very different because you don't just talk about the different events, instead you revisit them using a technique that uses eye movements that help you process these events and revisiting them with eye movements in a way that give YOU more power and control over how they affect you. Honestly, I have noticed how much this process greatly reduces the way I relive and feel affected by the experiences that I never processed. We never forget things that happen to us, however, we can remember them without reliving them as if they are happening in the NOW and experiencing our physical reactions to them.

I do get tired after a session, yet I also tend to feel like I lost a heavy coat I had not realized I had been wearing too. I have noticed improvements that with all the therapy I have had over the years, did not feel the kind of relief I have felt doing this therapy. It doesn't matter if it's complex ptsd or not. PTSD is PTSD and what you are really looking for is help to finally process and reduce the affects of whatever traumas you have carried in you unprocessed.

Here the link explaining the therapy I am doing called Accelerated Resolution Therapy

accelerated resolution therapy youtube - Yahoo Video Search Results

This link provides several different discussions about this therapy so it's a good link where you can listen to different people talk about it. It's a good link to show your treatment providers as well so THEY can learn about it and if they are not using it, it's high time they learned about it and made it part of their treatment plans for patients struggling with PTSD.
Open Eyes is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
LifelongLoner