View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Jun 19, 2019 at 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildeve View Post
I'm going to assume that you're awake for about fifteen hours on any given day. So that's about 30 hours of free time total on weekends. Are you saying that you spend 28 hours on errands and two on relaxation? I find that rather hard to believe. .
As I mentioned, it is a matter of both time and energy. But yes people that work have a lot of errands.

Quote:
But I think your real problem is psychological. If you always have a list of reasons,--reasons that frankly do not check out,--why you absolutely can't make the effort to improve your health, then I think getting into therapy is the first step you need to take, not continuing to hyper-focus on dieting and all the excuses why you can't do it. But if you're also not willing to get into therapy, then like I said, just accept that your life isn't going to change. That's the hard truth.
You sound like all the diet people. When their diet and advice doesn't pan out, their ridiculous diet advice - where you have no idea their circumstances, then they blame you. The truth is that I have white knuckled it for most of my adult life prepping food and eating only prepared food and doing what they said. Spending every hour prepping food or going to the gym and fasting or whatever. I have done liquid diets and weight watchers and keto and phentermine and belviq and you name it.. I have done it.

And it didn't work. For any person who actually works there will always be a time when you must go off that merry go round and eat food that isn't premade in your home.

Eventually it is going to fail. Eventually you will get stick of eating the same limited foods that you can prepare on the weekends. Eventually you will get stick of preparing food on the weekends. Eventually your work or something else will demand your free time and weight will come back on.

And if like me you can gain 20 lbs in a few weeks, and then have trouble losing it (because your metabolism has sunk while dieting) you just set yourself up again.

Not gonna listen to the same old diet and exercise bull. It doesn't work.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote