View Single Post
TishaBuv
Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,873 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 19, 2019 at 07:23 AM

I believe my mother really has NPD. Of course, she’d spit in my face if I even suggested anything and she’d never go to a psych, she’d do the same to them. She meets all the criteria and she’s getting worse.

She was really not like this all her life. She was generally a good, even a great person. She may have showed some high traits of narcissism, and yes there was some verbal and emotional abuse, but I never thought anything abnormal of her (until I learned it was abnormal), it wasn’t so bad.

But she’s in her 80’s now, and over the past several years, something has worsened with her to the point where I am now really very worried for her and feel sorry for her.

I suffered a major depression while going through such a hurt from realizing the toxicity of my whole family dynamic surrounding her and came out of it to accept it is what it is. I keep my distance now, but still try to maintain some contact.

I feel strong enough to deal with Mom, now accepting she really has a disorder. I’m not going to let her suck me in to toxic drama. I feel sorry for her, and I don’t want to see her suffer. I want to love her in the time she has left.

Hugs from:
Bill3, here today, Innerzone, Open Eyes, Skeezyks, TunedOut