Thread: Meds and Dx
View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Jun 19, 2019 at 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoceaneyes View Post
Thanks BirdDancer for the feedback. Really appreciated. Personally I couldn't handle Seroquel. I was on IR before I moved to XR but I just wanted to sleep all the time. In the evenings I would become drowsy then fight it, and sleep eat on the couch, first sweet then salty, then sweet again repeating the cycle of sweet and salty over and over. I was on that for 6 months, can't remember the dose.

I was hospitalised in Feb this year, was on Geodon IM and maintenance dose thereafter. It is the first anti-psychotic I took that didn't really give me an appetite or made me drowsy as I take it two times a day now.

I think the Lamictal makes me forgetful, I am usually not like that and now I forget conversations and the tasks, I have to write everything down on a notebook.

I am just thinking what a tough time doctors must have figuring out combinations for patients as each person reacts quite different to meds.
I'm glad what I wrote was of some help. Yes, it took some time for me to adjust to Seroquel XR sedation, but I was glad that I stuck with it. Being on disability gave me the time. I imagine those taking it, with similar initial effects, who work, must struggle a lot.

I think Geodon can be a great medication. I was on 160 mg per day (80/80) for about six and half years. For five of those years I had zero side effects. It was definitely weight neutral. My only complaint was that 160 mg wasn't quite sufficient to tame my mania beast, and therefore caused me insomnia. I had to have a second antipsychotic added. Geodon did help the mania at least mostly. I think for some people Geodon is more than enough. I only went off Geodon because after five years I developed akathisia. My akathisia grew worse and worse. Many people don't get akathisia from Geodon.

I had mild cognitive issues on the higher doses of Lamictal. I don't have them anymore at just 100 mg. If I do, I don't know about it.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
blueoceaneyes