View Single Post
Anonymous43089

Default Jun 19, 2019 at 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
Had it not been for me stopping and not only noticing and feeling empathy and wanting to do something to help and making sure SOMEONE did something and figuring out who would care, that little bird would have just died. A lot of adults and their children came and went and NONE of them wanted to care. I thought that was terrible Fuzzy.

What I noticed is how a lot of people were involved with horses not thinking about the animals but thinking about what THEY wanted from the animals. Honestly, often horses and ponies are nothing but a commodity Fuzzy. The animals, and horses and ponies are only USED for pleasure. The TRUTH is Fuzzy, that is also what people do when it comes to OTHER PEOPLE too.
Interesting allegory, Open Eyes. I wonder if those people would've cared and done something if you had drawn their attention to it.

Rather, I wonder if it isn't affective empathy that people tend to lack, but cognitive empathy. Maybe they're just unobservant or uneducated in the ways of handling horses.

I find that this is the case with other people as well. Suppose there's a group of individuals all chatting about something, and one person is standing quietly, their face contorted in discomfort as they slowly back out of the circle. They're clearly uncomfortable, although the others are too engaged in conversation to notice. But once you point out that so-and-so is standing there all awkward and nervous, the group will immediately try to make that person feel more at ease.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, Thirty shades

Thanks for this!
Open Eyes