View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 19, 2019 at 05:46 PM

My experience with derealization/ depersonalization was different but when I explained it to my pdoc that is what he said I was experiencing.

For me it was like watching myself in a movie. I distinctly remember the first experience. I was on the hay bales getting them down to feed the horses at the ranch. All of a sudden I was watching myself do this rather than doing it myself. Someone came up & asked me a question. While I was answering I wondered how I knew what to answer.....I felt totally separated from myself. My H at the time was driving & wanted to stop at the grocery store. I was afraid to stay in the car but was wondering how I could even manage. I followed behind my H watching myself do that too. It was scary when I had no idea what was happening.

I had several other experiences like that after leaving my H & moving alone across the country. I needed something from the store in town when it hit. I had to focus on what I needed or I never would have gotten in & out of the store. Another time it hit when I was with a large group of people. I got this real "spacey" (best way I could describe it) feeling & had to walk outside trying to get my grounding back.

Turns out my really good T I have now explained that derealization is a coping skill for stress. It becomes a problem when it is out of. Control & effects our life negatively.

Go ahead & talk to your new T when you see them. That is the best person to talk to about it.

I had gone through a trauma just before it hit the first time & was also having serious marriage issues that was causing me extreme anger issues....actually seeing red when I had to deal with the H so my stress level & some PTSD was foundational to my experience.

It is hard to determine all the different possible ways this can manifest itself in each person. Your new T will know best. Good place to start

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote