Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 19, 2019 at 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudFox View Post
One obvious way... they define normal. They can diagnose you with mental illness, and most people will never be the same after that (even if it's BS).

Also some clients put the therapist at the center of the universe. The therapist basically owns the client's inner world.

This issue has been discussed endlessly. I suggest searching around.

My point was that OP feeling demeaned in therapy might have to do with the nature of therapy, and I think it's disingenuous to suggest otherwise.
Who decides what’s disingenuous and what isn’t?

Oh absolutely some people put therapists in the center of the universe but some people put all kind of categories and groups of people in the center of the universe.

I don’t really make any claims. I believe some therapists are good and some are bad and I base it on numerous experiences of many people. You claim that all therapy is bad and so are all therapists. So burden of searching around and proving your point lies on you.

Sarah feels demeaned because therapist has a job and has a family. Inequality is the nature of the universe, not nature of therapy. Some people have more than others. That’s common sense. Yes it could be upsetting and painful. Life isn’t always fair. But it’s not therapist’s fault.
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
feileacan, sarahsweets