View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 19, 2019 at 06:19 PM

I always told my H & daughter to be honest about things. I will be mad at lies but I will be even more angry if I find out information was witheld. But that was stuff that effectex my own life too. My now X-H found out just how serious I was. It had nothing to do with infidelity & everything to do with the IRS & back taxes.

Now my daughters BF she had been with came to me about something. I found a way to let her know in a very good way & we were then able to talk about what was going on.

When I see something I think about it for awhile & figure out how to say....this is what "I seemed to have observed or heard" I NEVER say "this is what is going on". I figure they can do their own investigation into what is REALLY happening.

Sometimes I have gained information I have no idea whether it might be important or not. Many times I pass it on with the clarification that it may become relevant or not. I know the lady that was filing a lien on the farm of the previous owner. No idea if it became a legal judgment or not. But my new neighbor has been paying the mortgage for 3 years without purchasing it. I let her know about the possible lien just in case it comes up when she does try to finally purchase the farm. Sometimes just bits of information can help them look into things & help with future decisions.

I don't like sitting on information I have because I know how much having information to research really helps with my decision making.

My not yet X-H denied that he let the house we owned go into foreclosure.. I had actually talked to the foreclosure company & had ALL the facts. It became a legal issue I had to deal with & having information that can be researched for FACTS is important.

I think for 33 years my now X-H believed that lies by omission weren't lies because he didn't actually say it. That thinking caused lots of fights in our marriage. It was all financial & not infidelity....(could make a snarky comment about that but won't)

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote