View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default Jun 19, 2019 at 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misery Business View Post
SilverTrees, your post has been really helpful and I really appreciate it. 15 months of my life I went through a horrible time of abuse which has left me suffering with PTSD, Anxiety, and Depression. I am thankfully removed from that situation and I have wonderful parents and a great therapist who has been helping me since.

I do agree with you and my therapist that adding structure and a routine to my Summer will help me. It will only be a PT Job and working no more than 20 hours per week, as I still have my weekly therapy sessions to attend.

I have never tried mediation exactly, but I do like to relax to music. The two things I really like to do is writing in a journal daily as well as coloring. Those two thing really help me relax when I am anxious and my thoughts are roaming to the past.

I really appreciate the information you gave me.
So sorry you had that experience @MiseryBusiness. It was not your fault. I am glad that you are now removed from the situation and your parents and therapist are helping! Support and understanding can take healing a LONG way!!!

Your coloring and journal-writing sound like excellent strategies. I am happy to share meditation options with you if you're interested. Just give me a shout.

I will continue to wish you peace and good health.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
happysobercrafter, Misery Business

Thanks for this!
happysobercrafter