Grand Magnate

Member Since Feb 2015
752 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 19, 2019 at 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtleyWilkins View Post
Additionally, I don't see the OP in any way suggesting that the therapist flaunted superiority or power. The OP googled the information and her feelings and this thread appear to be the result of her own issues with her own status at this time. I didn't see her say anything about the therapist beating her down in her therapy. She feels beat down, but that seems to be her general response to her life status right now. That is entirely understandable; it is awful to feel like you can't meet your basic needs or find fulfillment in life.
OP has reported here over and over the many ways therapy torments her. I know it's more fun to think of this as OP's problem and then give a bunch of advice about how she should correct her life, but this is a therapy forum, so I am giving my take on how therapy itself might contribute to the problem. Also, if therapy intensifies a life problem, then therapy has become part of the problem, not part of the solution. This is usually covered up by repeating the mantra "transference" until everything becomes very hazy.
BudFox is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
missbella