may24

Member Since Aug 2016
486 hugs
given
Default Jun 20, 2019 at 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzybear View Post
((((((((( may24 ))))))))
I can relate I also feel my mother’s emotional neglect has caused me more pain than the abuse from other abusers . I definitely don’t think it’s a good idea to look for a “strong” older woman to look up to and be close to, there are too many people around who take advantage of any vulnerability .... vulnerability which is absolutely normal to have after a profoundly neglectful and abusive childhood. On the other hand, having close friends can be very healing. Just be very careful who you trust. I’ve been burnt many times by people I somewhat trusted Although I’ve always been hypervigilent, some emotional predators somehow slipped past my radar I also have trust issues
Thank you for your words Fuzzy I'm sorry to hear you've felt betrayed by poeple you trusted. It's really hard... I'm very isolated right now and sometimes I feel like I would like to have a close friend or have someone to talk to... I keep everything to myself (even when there are people who care; I often end up pushing them away) and that doesn't help.
I have social anxiety and I often feel like I don't belong when I'm in a group of people.
I'm trying to be compassionate towards myself andf take care of my inner child... but I feel so lonely sometimes and I don't know how to go on.
I feel more like a little girl than like an adult.
I hope you're doing okay *hugs*
may24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, MickeyCheeky, Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear, MickeyCheeky