View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default Jun 20, 2019 at 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
Years ago they wanted to experiment and see what would happen if a child had no nurturing at all. They did this with a monkey as monkeys are very similar in so many ways to humans. They did everything they could do with this baby monkey to remove any kind of nurturing including making the mother it clung to out of metal with no warmth at all. After the monkey had matured they put it in with other monkeys and this poor monkey was terrified and could not socially connect at all. After seeing it was so bad they ended up putting this monkey back in it's own cage to live out it's life alone.

I happened to see that when I was a really young child and have never forgotten it and remember feeling extremely sad for that monkey and it deeply disturbed me.

Also, I have a strong feeling we are never going to rid humanity of classism as if you study primates which we are, the one thing that is consistent is a form of classism or heiarchy. Also, what is present is male dominance as well. That being said, there are also dominant females that group together as well.

We have much to learn yet as we are beginning to discover how human brains vary as well. Dyslexia is nothing new, what IS new is how we have come to recognize it. Also, for whatever is lacked in the Dyslexic mind, it has abilities that can think outside the norm and in that has provided humanity with some interesting discoveries. It is said that Eienstien had dyslexia. I think human beings are also set up to fit best into engaging in warfar as well, while others are driven to explore and thrive best by invesitgating new lands, seas, or whatever lies out there to be discovered.
Classism is just one flavor of tribalism. And as long as there have been humans, there has been tribalism. And there always will be. We just aren't as evolved as we like to think
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Open Eyes