Misery Business
Grand Member

Member Since Jun 2019
240 hugs
given
Default Jun 20, 2019 at 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetcarBlanche View Post
Hi Misery Business, thanks so much for your support. It really did cause me endless anxiety. And, according to many articles I read online about adult caregivers, their physical and emotional health problems can sometimes linger for years after their role as their parent's caregiver ends. I'm still in high-stress-mode trying to find a job now, and I'm severely anemic, vit. deficient, thyroid disease, and although I found a counselor to see once a week I'm really struggling with daily panic attacks happening despite my use of DBT self-talk and using grounding techniques to stop the panic attacks (which doesn't stop them).

I'm sorry that you endured horrible abuse for nearly 2 years of your life. I'm happy to read that you escaped your situation (I haven't had a chance to read any of yoru threads you may have posted about it yet, but I will if that's ok).

I found a job that I want to apply for today but am anxious I will be 1 of 100+ candidates (probably the normal statistics for jobs these days) who have longer administrative careers than my education and admin temp jobs' background. I will spend a few hours reformatting my resume and send in my application and hope they contact me for an interview. I know one person associated with this company but I don't know them well. I think I will contact them to see if I can ask them to be a reference for me.

The recruiter who wanted me to consider the two temp jobs that were a wrong fit for me, initially told me about a receptionist position that I told him I wanted to be considered for -- yet he didn't submit me for that role. This is exactly why I hate using recruiters at temp agencies. They put their agenda of filling their jobs over what is the best fit for their candidates (people in my situation). Had he submitted me for the receptionist role, I would have been perfect fit b/c it pays really well and is temp to hire. But he wouldn't even submit me for it. He just wanted to try to force me into considering two roles that were 100% wrong for me. That is just ****** recruiting practice. I hate being at their whim.
No problem at all, I totally understand endless anxiety and all I can say to that is I live day to day to deal with it. I also see a therapist twice per week which has helped me tremendously.

I haven't yet opened up fully in the open forum of what I endured in the 15 months that brought on all the issues I face now. I guess most members hear can guess from the underlying things I have said in my posts and my signature what I went through in those 15 months and what I struggle with in the flashbacks and nightmares and Social Anxiety and PTSD and Depression I suffer from now.

I would think you would know best the jobs that suite you. Now this is coming from a 16 year old kid who has never had a job, but that just makes the most sense to me. I hope this job works out for you. I am also looking for a job as my therapist said it would be good for me to have some sort of routine for the Summer. I am really anxious about it. My job search is totally different then yours at mine is part time and a job for a kid. I am going to apply at the local Movie Theater I think.

Like I said before I really think you have been strong through this whole thing even though you are still anxious. I think sometimes being anxious is normal. Like going for a new job. You should be anxious about that. You should be really proud of yourself.
Misery Business is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43949, Anonymous48672