Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 21, 2019 at 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seesaw View Post
This seems to.contradict what you previously said though. If someone posts a Q&A thread and invites everyone to participate, is that not a community thread. If someone starts a thread to ask people to contribute to journaling daily with them, is that not a community thread? I'm not talking about asking a support relare question. These are check in type threads just not labeled as such AND inviting everyone to join in and not asking for any specific support.
maybe if I give you an example it may help... in the dissociative boards sometimes a thread with a question where its "expected" that everyone posting in that board is going to reply to....

My integration thread is focused on me and my integration journey. those on my ignore list were not able to post in my thread. someone that did post got me thinking about how the dissociative boards do not have an integration board for talking about integration issues.

I made a thread to discuss whether the dissociative boards should or could have an integration thread. because the "expectation" of this thread was its for the whole dissociative community to discuss it I had to either contact a moderator to have the moderator make that thread so that even those on my ignore list that were part of the dissociative boards could take part and have their say or remove everyone from my ignore list.

I chose to remove everyone from my ignore list but kept a list of who was on it so that I would not post to them even though they were posting with in the community wide thread of whether or not we all wanted an integration board for the dissociative disorders section.

my point is theres a difference between making threads that will be support oriented from your friends and others about ..........you and your problem .........versus a community wide thread that everyone in that section is going to be adding their input to.

my integration thread was about me and my problems
the discussing an integration board was a community wide thread.

after the integration board thread was not being discussed anymore because the decision was made by Doc John to not have one at this time I placed those that were removed from my ignore list back on it. so for example if that discussion comes up again someone else will need to start their own thread on it because I have people on ignore, or we have the moderator restart it with their name instead. why because its not focused on my problems its a community wide issue for the dissociative boards.

hope that has helped to explain the difference and how to do it.