Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 21, 2019 at 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
It’s Perfectly OK To Call A Disabled Person ‘Disabled,’ And Here's Why | HuffPost Life
Here is the article. I regret that it is more about the actual term disabled and disability and I should have highlighted that in my op. I should also mention that I feel person first language is the most respectful when it comes to addressing or identifying someone with a disability or condition. It’s hard to take offense by this way of doing things even if you are against person first language. But you can’t really offend someone by using it vs offending them by calling them by their condition or disorder /disability. Someone here I think it was @seesaw said they weren’t trying to debate this and I’m not either. But I am interested in a discussion about it from both viewpoints. I still think I need to understand both sides and welcome respectful engagement.
Yeah, I was just responding to your question because it seemed like you wanted to hear different views, so I gave mine, but I also just wanted to be clear that I'm not into debating it. Others can do so if they want, of course.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
sarahsweets