View Single Post
Omers
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2010
3,133 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 21, 2019 at 12:59 PM

I have a lot of respect for T. He has not had the same struggles I have had but he has had different ones. He certainly has a great deal of empathy even if he doesn’t understand my struggles. Right now I am super upset with him and yet still have respect for him. Yes, he has gender and economic privileges I don’t but we both have racial privileges others do not.
I know T struggled relating to how I felt safe sleeping in a horse barn on a 15 degree below zero night when H told me to leave... I’ve been homeless, I had walls, a roof, a soft place for a bed and good blankets in a safe area. T couldn’t relate or understand why I didn’t refuse to leave, go to a friends (no friends to go to) or get a hotel (the ones I could afford that night were sketchier than the animals in the barn). But... we got there.

Pdoc, although she makes even more, I respect and relate to even more. She gets where I am at and understands even though it is not where she is at. I do not know what struggles she may or may not have had to be able to understand where I come from.

Wild eyed with fear
-Blackmoores Night
Omers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Anonymous45127