View Single Post
Anonymous32451

Default Jun 21, 2019 at 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuzMax View Post
I mean, why not? I've stopped self-harming myself about six months ago, the reason was that it stopped giving me any pleasure and relief. But I did a lot, on my wrist and shoulders.

Why won't you consider this as one of possible coping skills? It does helped me, so why won't I use it? Ok, if the argument is that it hurts the ones who loves you, and they see these cuts on your body and worry about you:

1. Why don't they worry much more about the PAIN I experience, which makes me cut myself?

2. Why don't they consider it as a choice between self-harm and suicide, so they would be happy to choose the first one, if I ask them?

3. Why can't I just cut myself on body parts which are invisible for others, like stomach, legs, shoulders, etc.?

thank you for posting this.

I honestly don't know where I stand on this

on one hand, I am a strong believer of the fact that each of us can do with our bodies what we like (its our boddies, we have to face the conciquences) and self harm is a coping method like anything else

a lot of people will turn to you and say well.. drinking is bad, drugs are bad, self harm is bad, but the point is it helps people- and that's why they do what ever it is to cope.

on the other hand, these things are an addiction

you can't just self harm once and then stop, because you crave it in future. you mention in your post that you wish they would be happy you chose self harm over suicide, well: self harm can lead to suicide (and other infections)

it's a slow suicide because it just goes on, and on, and on, until one day it goes too far

no one wants to see you hurt yourself
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote