View Single Post
Anonymous56790

Default Jun 21, 2019 at 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoretical View Post
We all seek to be understood, even me. That's understandable.

A romantic relationship, however, is another thing entirely. There's no guarantee that it'll make you happier. There's a very good chance that it will make you more miserable. Relationships are a lot of work and can be extremely stressful, and it requires you to have a lot of skills that you don't currently possess.

It's a lot more complicated than simple math. Allow me to use a better analogy. Relationships are a lot like swimming. It can be enjoyable, even therapeutic and good for your overall health. But if you dive into the ocean without knowing how to swim, you're going to drown.

That's why I decided to adapt. If I can't resolve my global problems, I'll start resolving small ones, like feeling envy, anger, etc.

It's good that you're looking at the smaller problems, but feeling envy or anger is not a small problem that's easily resolved.

Forgot to answer, that my mental illness is getting worse each time I'm trying to keep a diet, or do some sports, so that's why I can't lose weight.

Why is that?
> It's a lot more complicated than simple math. Allow me to use a better analogy. Relationships are a lot like swimming. It can be enjoyable, even therapeutic and good for your overall health. But if you dive into the ocean without knowing how to swim, you're going to drown.

Yeah, but if I've never been in water, how on earth can I learn how to swim?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote