View Single Post
Anonymous43089

Default Jun 21, 2019 at 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
I think Silver can take from whatever is discussed though. She loves to sort through things and pick whatever she finds useful to her.
Oh no, I meant that in the best way. I thoroughly enjoy when people open this type of dialogue and we get to explore all the dark and scary parts of ourselves. I think we can all learn from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazedandConfused254 View Post
I guess it's part of my background and experiences that have shaped my answer, but my own personal experiences have been taxing in the age of social media. I'm part of a generation where people with the most likes and friends on social media get the most respect. As I finished up 6 years of uni, there was a pressure to socialize and be as extroverted and similar to the crowd as possible, otherwise I would just fall through the cracks.

Maybe I just haven't figured out how to balance between constant connection and alone time, but after being stretched and living life with very few personal boundaries, I've been practicing how to achieve that balance and that's where I found Dunbar's concept promising!
You and I are in the same age range.

What makes you think that those with a lot of likes and social media friends get more respect? Perhaps it's that they're liked and have many friends because they're respected. They've done something to earn that respect, or they're just generally charismatic.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote