View Single Post
Misterpain

Member Since May 2016
Default Jun 21, 2019 at 08:11 PM

I had the same guy for 8 years ,and honestly the more time I spent with him the more I respected him, he was originaly just a "safety valve" I have 500 mental health people on speed dial,i grew up with them as they were students of my mother's ( she and i were incredibly close,when she died ,it was crisis time) so to insure i had a safe place locally to ***** & moan ,and question my place in the universe without her ,this guy got the job by accident ( god if you belive in one works in weird ways) in my case ,after working thru both grief and gratitude ( gratitude being the more toxic ,which is why my friends insisted I have that safe space).

Right at the end of my work for which he was hired,i had an even more immense challenge dropped on me ,that fortunately most people never have to work through ( i went to bed and woke up dead ) what I thought was waking up was actually emerging from a coma ,i had a cardiac arrest ,resuscitated, gone straight into a coma, and had brain injury . I was a Paramedic Firefighter,saw plenty of life and death ,talked to people who i had worked on and survived ,never understanding the deeper things they questioned ,until it was me looking for answers .

As fate would have my therapist for my grief over loseing my mom,doesn't hang out a shingle about it ,but i soon found he himself died during heart surgery ,and had to travel really far to find someone that could help him deal with it ,so I got lucky ,i had an existing trust relationship with someone expert in what I work I now needed to desperately do . Accidents aren't always bad, sometimes they fix things you hadn't broken yet !
Misterpain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote