View Single Post
thrgstml
Newly Joined

Member Since Jun 2019
Default Jun 22, 2019 at 12:20 AM

Hi. I've been seeking therapeutic help for depression for about 8 months now, and I can't seem to help but lose hope. I've tried two different therapists and haven't felt a good connection with either, but the thought of having to re-establish with yet another feels exhausting. My main issue is that I don't seem to have the motivation or will to actually do anything in therapy. At my last couple appointments, my therapist has said that I constantly reject everything she suggests to the point where she's not sure how else she can help me. Maybe I don't know what I'm expecting therapy to do for me, but I've never been the type who can write in a journal or practice positive affirmations. Journaling confuses me because I can't ever think of anything to write, as my depression isn't really a constant stream of negative thoughts but rather this amorphous weight and darkness. Positive affirmations feel cheesy and fake to me. I'm a very logical person, perhaps to a fault, but positive affirmations and self-lifting statements make me feel worse because I know that I
thrgstml is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, MickeyCheeky, mountainstream, Thirty shades

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks