9,711 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 22, 2019 at 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTrees View Post
Hello brimaiski,

sorry you're in such a tough situation

May I ask how old you are? Do you live with your mother?

You mentioned PTSD, the situation you describe at home with your father is likely enough to cause PTSD though you'd need to be evaluated by a professional. I too am angry with my mother for allowing my father to abuse myself and my siblings. Working on letting go but it will take time.

If you still live with your mother, I strongly recommend developing a plan to move out...for healthy distance. Have you talked to a therapist to help you process the feelings you're having?

It is no surprise that your mother continues to be submissive with a new man. I mean realistically, why would she be any different? Did she do years and years of therapy and have a life-altering revelation? Likely not. As with most people. So you need to just let her do what she's going to do and focus on your own mental health and self-protection. That will mean different things for different people....boundaries, occasional visits, distance, no contact etc.

You have my empathy. Truly. Keep bringing your focus back to you and your needs and future. That is for you to carve out. Your mother will do what she'll do. Peace and hope to you
I completely agree with everything you had to say.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote