Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 23, 2019 at 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty68 View Post
It is giving me nightmares, my health has also taken a downturn which is so fitting. Nothing life-threatening sadly, but it is enough to make it difficult to know how much I will be able to do while she visits and I really want this to go well.

If she does not want to advance our relationship there is only one place for me to go
This sounds like classic anxiety to me. I get more anxious in anticipating an event than once it comes to pass. Even if what comes to pass is terrible; however, much of the time, I anticipate the worst and it does not turn out that way.

If she doesn't want to advance your relationship then you will just have to grieve it --you are anticipating the worst either because you sense it or just because you are preparing for the worst but it might not go that way. You still haven't met. I am glad that you are meeting her. I think you will find out whether or not it is going to work then. Try to just wait and see. Try to distract yourself and think of other things (watch a movie) in the meantime. You are an overthinker and perhaps obsess about some things? Whatever happens, I bet she may still consider you a friend. I don't doubt that there is some sort of connection. My advice is to try to accept what is--whatever happens--we can drive people away if we expect rather than just accept what they have/want to offer. Enjoy her visit as it comes because she is traveling so far just for you!
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky