Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 23, 2019 at 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misery Business View Post
I just received a call from the application I handed in at the Movie Theater for the Summer Job . This is not only the first ever job I have ever had , but for someone who suffers very bad from Social Anxiety this scares me a lot. I not only don't know what an interview is all about I just feel like I might have a panic attack in the middle of it or not even able to handle it at all. The interview is set up for Monday afternoon and I am having my Mom go with me. I mean take me but not go in the interview with me. I just know leading up to the interview I am going to be a mess because I already am and the phone call only came an hour ago,
Hey Misery Business!

I think the interview will go easier and you'll have less anxiety if you practice beforehand what kind of questions and answers you'll get and give.

Practice answering basic interview questions:

https://www.monster.com/career-advic...view-questions

Some of these will be irrelevant (the ones farther down on the list), but they are all good to practice having an answer for. ALSO, no harm in printing this list and writing out answers and bringing them with you so you can refer to your notes. I do this all the time with interviews so I remember what it is I want to say and what questions I want to ask.

Plus, having a little notebook with your notes, and showing them you make some notes during the interview shows them you're serious about getting the job and being a good employee.

Take deep breaths. If you need to take a minute during the interview to take a deep breath and calm yourself, it's okay to do that.

I find that if I draw a blank on a question, I sometimes start by saying "that's a really great question..." because just saying that will give me long enough to think of something to say. "That's a really great question and I've been thinking about it a lot." Gives me enough time to think of a response.

Make sure to thank them at the close of the interview, shake their hand, and send a thank you note (preferably hand written) afterwards.

Hope this helps!

Seesaw

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
happysobercrafter

Thanks for this!
happysobercrafter, Misery Business, WishfulThinker66