Misery Business
Grand Member

Member Since Jun 2019
240 hugs
given
Default Jun 23, 2019 at 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
My personal opinion (for what it's worth) is... no you're not wrong. Are you missing out on something? Yes you perhaps are. But, from my perspective at least, there's nothing to be gained by trying to force yourself to do things you're not comfortable doing. At least not all at once. If there are opportunities, on occasion, to try being just a bit more independently social that might be worthwhile. (After all, you do have a whole lifetime of potential social interactions to get through.) But I at least see no value in trying to make yourself do things you're not comfortable doing.

Perhaps it comes down to a matter of degrees. If you're just a bit uncomfortable perhaps it makes sense to put yourself out there. But if it really hurts, so to speak, why punish yourself? I personally don't think that's healthy. In years to come perhaps you may look back & wish you could have been more social. I don't know. But right now I think you have to do what you feel you can do within the limitations you have. My best wishes to you...
I really appreciate your comment and I totally agree with what you are saying. Why put myself out there if it is going to put fear in me. At least right now I just might not be at that stage after all I have been through with the past abuse to be ready to put myself out there. Maybe in the future I might be. I mean, most girls my age go to parties and hangout at Malls and I have no interest in that because I feel it makes me too vulnerable. Thanks so much for your response.
Misery Business is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, Skeezyks

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky