Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,878 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 23, 2019 at 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalprince View Post
Are you really hurt because he did all that terrible stuff, or are you more hurt because he said he loved his ex more than you?

Obviously all that other stuff is pretty horrible behavior, but clearly at some point it was not, on its own, an absolute dealbreaker.

It seems like the real thing that pushed you into this level of anger is to think that after all that, maybe he didn't love you as much as you believed he did.

I mean, you seem like a person who would move mountains for someone that you loved. You must have really wanted to help him.

It's one thing to find out someone was taking advantage of your time or effort or money, but it's really a whole other thing entirely to find out that someone was taking advantage of your heart.

It seems like you only put up with all that stuff as long as you still believed he loved you. Maybe that is part of the problem here. Do you perhaps have a tendency to be self-sacrificing in order to feel worthy of other people's love?

(I have this tendency myself and have been similarly hurt so... I hope I don't sound like I'm coming from a place of judgment.)

This resonates with me too! It stems from issues with parents (for me).

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear, unaluna