Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 23, 2019 at 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden_eve View Post
@Divine1966, I just learned recently that he stole from me in order to buy DXM and trip while we were living together. That's why. I don't need questions about why I am focusing on this when I am newly married, however. I think of you like an older sister, but if you read my other thread in the relationship forum, it spells it all out more clearly. I cannot get over it. Bottom line. I just cannot get over it and it's been two years. It's maddening for me... do you think it's not maddening for me just after I've even been married? The anger and the rage persist and I cannot get past it. That's my challenge. That's why I am asking about how to forgive someone. I feel forgiveness is the only way i can let go of my rage. My therapist is NO HELP.
Hey! Were you referring to me as “older sister”? Lol we are about same age and I am so not old lol I had to laugh at that.

If you do feel that you need to forgive then maybe think of addiction as illness. You’d forgive if person did something because he was sick right? So he did things like stealing and lying and not working and saying abusive crap etc because he is sick and doesn’t know any better and that was addiction talking. Addiction makes people do horrid things. Addicts would do anything for their next fix. They could be the nicest people but addiction would rule over their lives and would make them do and say crap

So just look at it that way. Maybe that would help.