View Single Post
divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 23, 2019 at 09:14 PM

Do you have to read what he posts online? It probably causes you to think more about him if you keep reading it. Block him/unfriend/don’t go on the same sites etc cut all contacts.

I really don’t see any reason to maintain contacts or associate with or know what exes do unless of course contact needs to be maintained when there are kids involved or when people remained friends.

I didn’t per se brought up an example of my alcoholic ex to show that they are liars and frauds, he actually wasn’t a fraud and is a very nice person but addicts are usually deeply ashamed of their addictions so they are in denial and often believe their own lies to make themselves feel better.

So I brought this up to show that addicts lie because of an addiction regardless if they are nice people or not. So think of it as addiction caused your ex to do crazy things.

Listen at least you got out quick. I spent 8 years in hopes he’d remain sober longer than a year. He promptly relapsed every year. And refused to go to AA, apparently he could just quit. Yeah ok. Apparently because he had a high profile job and was well off and very functioning alcoholism wasn’t a big deal. Hm

Finally it clicked that he’ll never fully quit and I lost hope and stopped listening to promises and then I was done. Sad story all together.

But I didn’t have to stay. I made decision to stay but then I made decision to leave. Same way you didn’t have to do all those things you did. No one forced you to. We can only control ourselves. You can control your story. You chose a partner who was not right for you. And now it’s over. What he does now isn’t important. Make a decision now to be done with him mentally.

PS my husband spent almost 30 years in bad marriage. We are now paying her alimony because he could never make her get a job (that’s just one issue out of many) and kids are estranged from her because she is a scary human being. So I’d say compare to that you did well. Didn’t get entangled. Pat yourself on a back. Look on a bright side. You could marry him and support him for life. Jeez. What a prospect. You are free of him forever