View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Jun 24, 2019 at 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fern46 View Post
I just responded to another post and wrote about how our bodies have a chemical imbalance that causes us to process emotion differently than 'normal' people (I don't believe in normal, but I don't have a better word). I'm now wondering if these same imbalances cause greater than normal cravings for certain foods. I know I go through periods when I simply do not care about what I eat even though I'm trying to be mindful. Sometimes the craving for chocolate is unstoppable!
I think the answer is very likely "yes" about the cravings. At least it seems to be the case for me.

bizi, I have read many times that there are actually health benefits to eating small to moderate amounts of dark chocolate. Especially dark, not so much milk chocolate. I keep some Lindt 85% cocoa chocolate on hand, too. I like chocolate, but it is not my weakness by any stretch. I am also able to stop after one or two squares. I usually enjoy it with a small espresso. I do avoid the chocolates that have fillings that are especially tempting to me, like marzipan.

Last edited by Anonymous46341; Jun 24, 2019 at 09:15 AM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi