View Single Post
TheMayz

Member Since Jun 2019
Default Jun 24, 2019 at 11:57 AM

Lamictal 300mg XR, Bupropion 450mg XR, Doxepin 75mg, Aderall 20mg twice daily

Somewhat cross posted in r/bipolar. About 2 years ago, after numerous depression meds that didn't work, I saw a psychiatrist that did an analysis that said bipolar 2. Now I have felt better to an extent, even to the point if finally starting community college instead of saying its implausible. I'm not socially uncomfortable at all, in fact I am a manager with food service at a hospital, but I am very shy personally outside of work.

That said, my life has evened out. I got out of a pretty bad relationship about a year ago. She was pretty physically/mentally abusive, but honestly I still cry and miss her, and by cry I mean i just did this morning. This is a good thing as before her, I had 2 relationships that lasted 4 years each that I never cried about or even really cared when they ended. In fact from around age 12 I never cried about anything. Relationships, step brother and roommates suicides, grandparents deaths. So crying and feeling that emotion is calming.

Now the problem is still daily. Although never to the extreme, my mood changes constantly. Not daily. Not hourly. Almost in intervals of 10, 20, 30 minutes what have you. I am typically a little anxious but normally calm, but usually a more negative mood. Sometimes I get frustrated or very anxious randomly (sense of impending dread for no reason, but not panic attacks), to awesome bouts of almost mania feelings of happiness. They come and go as things happen throughout the day. I've always been kinda wierd, awkward whatever, but I'm trying to find out why, and why my mood changes like this. The mental abuse of my ex also has made me very weak mentally. I have a date from tinder tonight and though I will go, i am already subconsciously ready for her to dismiss me. Also, I occassionally think I would feel better off meds, but then I think back to how I am in school and doing better.

I just want to hear advice, or similar situations if anybody has some. I appreciate your time reading this.
TheMayz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote