View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default Jun 24, 2019 at 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misery Business View Post
Everything I do that is outside the house like even today either one of my parents, my 14 years old brother, or one of my 2 very close friends are always with me. Now at the interview today my Mom drove me and was in the Theater building, but not in the interview itself. While at school I had a set up where at any time I could go to the school counselor or nurses office at a moments notice. I also had at least one of my 2 close friends in every one of my classes. That is the way it will be next year as well.

I will only be scheduled if I get the job for at most 20 hours per week. So most shifts will probably be 4-6 hours. That isn't too bad. My Mom has also been a stay at home mom ever since I have returned home so if anything does go wrong she is only 15 minutes away from the theater to get me.

I really appreciate your kind words. If I do attend a dance my two closest friends would be there so that would help. I have never had a boyfriend and that is one of the most difficult things for me to even think about a I cannot even think about trusting a guy because of all the sexual abuse I endured in the 15 months. I can pretty much only allow appropriate touch from my parents, brother, therapist,school counselor, Psychiatrist, Nurse, 2 friends, and other close family to this day.

My home we have a pool and I'd love to have a pool party, but really other than my 2 really close friends and my brother nobody would come. it isn't that people don't like me. It is people don't know me or think I am so fragile and a complete mess and crazy. I have also thought about having sleepovers at my home with my two close girlfriends. The only problem with that is I have frequent nightmares and i am afraid that would ruin the sleepover.
Sounds like you have everything set up for yourself, to keep yourself safe. That is awesome!

I say, have that pool party. You could ask both of your close friends to each invite 1 extra friend and so you'd have 4 guests total. Like I said, start really small. Don't just assume that no one would come if you invited them. Assumptions are based on our own insecurities and fears and are 99% of the times, never accurate.

So, maybe start with a pool party -- how fun! -- and invite your 2 close pals, and ask them to each invite another friend along who would like to go. Then you can entertain 4 guests with food and fun in the pool. And eventually, maybe even by the end of summertime, you'll grow your social network a little larger.

Getting to know people takes time.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Misery Business

Thanks for this!
Misery Business