View Single Post
FracturedPieces

Member Since Jun 2019
24 hugs
given
Default Jun 24, 2019 at 05:56 PM

AsPD/BPD here. Yes it seems like an unsual combination, but yes they also do exist comorbid.

I have managed to find other people with AsPD online to chat with, including self labeled psychopaths and sociopaths. I find you have to weed out the people who label themselves as psychopaths because it seems like the cool thing to do. I have no idea why a mental illness would be appealing, but it is.

If you are looking for genuine conversation, I might suggest that you seek out those who identify with the AsPD label over the psychopath label. Although psychopathy is not an official diagnosis, those who fit the criteria all have AsPD. All "psychopaths" have aspd, not all antisocials are psychopaths. You would be surprised how many people will say they are a psychopath, but have never heard of aspd.

Of course you dont have to he officially diagnosed to identify with the traits or even have a diagnosis. I am just not a super big fan of self diagnosing.

One of my closest friends has an aspd/schitzo combination and we get along very well. I have found because people with aspd tend to be lower on the emotional scale, they make great conversationalists because they are more objective. Generalization of course, but it is what I have noticed.

So many people think being a psychopath is the equivalent of being an awesome bad ***. They dont see the effort it takes to mask themselves within society and blend in. To curb impulses and live within the confines of societal rules that dont make sense. To live without the same type of emotional bonds that so many of us take for granted. The challenges of aspd and psychopathy are not minimal.

That being said, there are strengths too. People with aspd tend to make strong paramedics, doctors, lawyers, CEO's and such. Careers where having a lower emotional threshold can help one be successful.

Okay, Im rambling. You probably know all this, but perhaps someone reading along doesnt. If there are other aspd diagnosed people on the forum looking for open minded, non judgemental, non "edgelord" type conversations, Im around. Though I am not strictly aspd, I do relate.