View Single Post
Nevvy

Member Since Mar 2015
11 hugs
given
Default Jun 25, 2019 at 05:31 AM

Okay, I'm not sure if this has been talked about, but I couldn't really find it in the most recent (top 20) threads.

I have/had this huge problem obsessing over things on social media and constantly getting into these discussions over the most useless things (never argue online...) and it has made me hypo a few times or shot my anxiety through the roof. Because of that, I deleted all my social media accounts and did a cleanse. Since then, after a period of "was this a good idea? Why did I do this?" I felt great and I felt a bit more in control...

Anyone else do this? My social circle is really small and I can honestly say I have two people other than my hubby that I talk to regularly, and I don't do any sort of social clubs and such. I used all of that Facebook and such to keep track of old friends (moved abroad) and it backfired and messed me up. Downsizing and removing all of that extra positive/negative stimulation really did something for me.

I am on here (again) because I missed the support and knowledge, and felt that you guys are the ones that actually get me (my mental health team tries their best). I don't consider this social media anyway, more a support group type thing.

So are your experiences with social media? Anyone else do a total cleanse like me?

OCD

Meds:
Lithium
Lamictal
Seroquel
Zaprexa
Oxazepam

Lots of misc that I wont list, but feel free to ask about above
Nevvy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, fern46, Innerzone, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!