View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Jun 25, 2019 at 09:32 AM

I have found social media to be extremely invasive. I prefer a bit of anonymity, except for people I specifically want to be in contact with. With them I prefer to correspond the old-fashioned way. I have also found that I learned more about some people than I would have liked to have known. For those reasons, I closed down all of my social media accounts. I also feel companies like Facebook allow unwelcome influences, and are using Facebook member information for purposes that most wouldn't really like. I did eventually create a shell Facebook account for the purpose of ONLY using it for private messaging for 2 friends. I do not post anything on my Facebook page, and I almost never post anything on anyone else's Facebook page.

People here must know that public information in Facebook can potentially be used in less than desirable ways. For example, are you applying for a job? The hiring manager may look at your Facebook page. If you were being investigated for something, the investigator may look at your Facebook. Someone you dislike or feel threatened by may look at your Facebook page. Etc. If someone got possession of your computer or Smart phone and managed to log in, they may even find this forum and figure out which member you are and what you've written. It's very important to keep this in mind.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Jedi67

Thanks for this!
Innerzone, Jedi67