View Single Post
Anonymous43089

Default Jun 25, 2019 at 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -jimi- View Post
I have painted myself on here as quite unlikable. I think in a way, since I have peace in most parts of my life, that piece of myself that is abrasive and annoyingly fair had no place anymore. When I was in more rowdy areas, it could come out and play.

In most aspects of my life I am sort of a protector, a mediator, a peacekeeper. Here, I am sort of, a fake.

Can anyone relate to this happening? That you present yourself in a manner that is not really representative for who you are as a whole?
I don't recall having read any of your other posts, so maybe my opinion doesn't matter much.

Nevertheless, it seems like you're using anonymity (and hence, few real consequences) as an opportunity to explore a different aspect of your personality. There's nothing wrong with that. It allows us to better understand ourselves, so long as you're actively trying to understand that darker part of you and not simply indulging in it.

I can relate, of course. The difference between us is that this part of me is "more real," whereas who I present irl is, sort of, a fake.

I'm not sure any of us really presents our whole selves in every scenario all the time. That would be exhausting. But what do I know about being "real"?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, avlady