View Single Post
Anonymous43089

Default Jun 26, 2019 at 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspiringAuthor View Post
I asked what he would think because there is a belief that to live one's life well is the best approach to avenging one's hurts. I did not expect Golden Eve's ex to be proud of her - I thought he would feel slighted and envious of her successes, and I thought that I would then make the point - which has been made to me by well-meaning friends, that vengeance is living one's life well. I do not understand forgiveness myself, but I have come to understand the point about living one's life well as an act of peaceful vengeance (and for many other reasons, too).
Yeah, Marcus Aurelius said as much, but it's a point old Marco and I disagree on. Living well to spite someone else is still living on their terms. And what if he doesn't care? What if he doesn't even notice? If he is a narcissist, sociopath, or something along those lines, then he likely won't be impressed by any honest living anyway, and he certainly wouldn't be jealous of it. Would that bother you?

I stand by my assertion that his opinion doesn't matter. If you want to move on, then live on your own terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
Define normal lol
Non-psychopaths.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote