Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 26, 2019 at 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden_eve View Post
We're getting off topic. I wanted to know how to forgive him... I still don't know. I feel this is the one way I will be able to fully let go and heal. I don't know what thoughts I should have in order to forgive and let go of my anger? I know that forgiving doesn't mean allowing or accepting his bad behaviors.
I think many people made many different suggestions what you could feel or do to let it go. Nothing seem to be working.

Maybe have thoughts that you aren’t a victim here. Being angry and blaming him puts you in a victim mood. If you stop telling yourself that you are helpless victim of his bad behavior, then maybe you’d stop being angry and unforgiving. Not necessarily blaming yourself here but take responsibility. It gets you out of a passenger seat and puts you in to drivers seat. You are in charge here. Not other people, not this guy

Have thoughts of “I made a mistake dating a wrong person. I am wiser now. I know what I won’t put up with in the future. This is in the past. That was then and this is now. I live my life and he can live his”. Then stop checking what he does online. Don’t talk to people about him. Find distractions when can’t stop thinking about him
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote