View Single Post
WishfulThinker66
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2018
117 hugs
given
Default Jun 26, 2019 at 10:51 AM

Um, I know you don't want to hear this but I think your friends offered you some valuable advice.

I have a few questions: do you have a lot of people on your friends list you actually don't know in real life? This is a really big source of emotional unhappiness. Try not to get drawn into the lives others portray as having. I hazard to guess that many of these tenuous acquaintanceships don't lead the lives they purport to. So, my own suggestion is that culling these people you really don't know back. Do you have people on your friends list that cause you a great deal of grief? So why keep them? This is another opportunity to vet your circle. The people on your social media should be people who are advantageous to you. Preferably, you actually know them and maintain a relationship off social media. That is a true friend.

In the meantime take the 'look at my perfect life's posts with a grain of salt. No life is that perfect. People tend to exaggerate things and life moments are one of them. Remember that all is not what it seems. You don't know what negative situations are going on beneath the surface.

It sounds like these friends of yours care enough to be bluntly honest with you.

I wish you luck.
WishfulThinker66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote