View Single Post
saidso
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2018
165 hugs
given
Default Jun 26, 2019 at 01:41 PM

P.S. I seem to remember that you're changing course from teaching to doing admin work. If I'm right about that, do you have any admin work experience on your resume. Is there any training for that available for mature women returners?

I detest admin BUT it does take a certain character and a framework of skills, or at least being able to talk about that framework of skills. Prioritizing, time management, communication, teamwork - yup, I hate all that but if I was going for a job doing admin then I would need to at least be seen to start a training, even an online training, about that stuff. It's perhaps unreal, but it is a common language that admin people and their bosses use to discuss their collaboration. You can differentiate yourself, but you also need to cover the bases?

Only saying that because one of your previous posts made me wonder whether you think that, compared to teaching, admin is an unskilled occupation? And yeah, teachers have organisational skills in spades, but you have to link that to your target job in specific ways. It was hard for me to do this while emotional and upset internally, because it's utterly boring! That's why I wouldn't make a good admin .

oh god I am struggling today, help me to remember how to stay connected and human!

remember: the nut shell against human predators and my own fear!
saidso is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote