Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 27, 2019 at 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladylullaby View Post
what do we do when we feel overwhelmed with emotions and anxiety? i guess ill take another Xanax but this just goes on and on. I don't know if i have the strength to over come my trauma. to rise above it all. I don't have anyone to talk to because no one knows about it, except of course my therapist.

I feel like i am dying inside. i want to scream on the outside. I just keep practicing my piano, working out at the gym when i can, i go to therapy twice a week, but i don't think i am handling it very well. I cry a lot. i wish i could run away and never come back.

i feel like i am missing something? Empty and alone. This feeling doesn't help when you are trying to work through trauma. I am so sick and tired of it.
I'm glad you are keeping up with therapy and using distractions to try and help cope. Don't give up on that. I can tell you from personal experience that learning to manage your emotions and to build coping skills takes time. Not forever, but it could take a year or two, but you will be functioning so much better as you do!

Have you talked with your therapist specifically about how to cope with these strong emotions? Can you describe physically how the emotions feel? Can you identify what the emotions are? It can definitely be overwhelming if you are feeling things very intensely and cannot even identify what all exactly you are feeling. You can't process emotions and learn how to react and deal with them until you know which emotions you are dealing with.

I'm not sure where you are located in the country but if you are looking for people to validate you and receive support, I would suggest looking online at NAMI for a local peer support meeting (they are free and very supportive) or Depression Bipolar Support Alliance (I don't know if this fits your Dx, but I'm not sure it matters - they are also free and open).

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
fireandice20062008, MickeyCheeky