View Single Post
Brownmike

Member Since Aug 2016
1 hugs
given
Default Jun 27, 2019 at 05:43 AM

I've had dreams about dead people too. My father (actually my uncle but he raised me from when I was a young child so I called him dad and never knew my real father) committed suicide about 20 years ago. For the first....I'd say 6 months after his death I had many dreams where he visited me and talked to me. He told me he was sorry for doing what he did and explained why he had to do it. It freaked me out. He even came to me on my birthday to wish me happy birthday.

But even in my dreams I knew he was dead and talking to him really creeped me out. So finally in one of my dreams I told him to leave me alone in one of my dreams and he never came back. I'm not religious at all, I think after you die you're just gone. I believe it was just my mind trying to deal with his death but there's always that little part in the back of my brain that wonders if it really could have been him trying to communicate with me and I made him go away.

My sister (my cousin but again, I was raised with her as my sister) died in a fire about 4 years ago. Right after the fire I had a dream where she came to me but she was all burned up. Same thing, I told her to leave me alone and she never came back.

So I don't know. I don't know if I should have talked more to my dad and sister (irregardless of whether they were "real" in a spiritual sense or just my mind trying to deal with their deaths).

But I suspect it's a common thing for people to deal with grief and loss this way and it sounds like you're experiencing it right now. If you're religious or believe in something after this life maybe you should try to communicate with your friend? But if you're like me and find it very disturbing I know "confronting" my sister and dad in my dreams ended their visits and gave me a little peace.
Brownmike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote