View Single Post
Misterpain

Member Since May 2016
Default Jun 27, 2019 at 06:30 AM

There are so few mental health people spread so thin ,in many cases agency policy or personal policy might be similar to as it is here :

If you cancel 3 appointments, miss 3 appointments, or reschedule with less than 48 hour notice,they deem you not sufficiently invested in therapy ,and dismiss you .

You are free to get back in the que for another therapist opening reassignment when an opening exists. Which can be a year or more .

It's a short cited policy ,because many people dont like you have a stable work life,that ripples out into all other areas ,in many cases it's unfair & arbitrary .one way around this, is getting your case assigned to a supervising T who has absolute discretion in applying said policy or not .

It's never easy to form a bond or work towards a therapeutic relationship with that constant tension of am I going to be "dumped" .

It worked well for me ,i have a severe disability ,and if I had to cancel or no show ,he knew it was a a severe bad day that I never made it out of bed due to pain,it wasn't intentional or malicious ,it was just how my world worked .

For every rule ,there is an exception to the rule!
Make yourself that exception.
Good luck.
Misterpain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Omers