View Single Post
TishaBuv
Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,876 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 27, 2019 at 08:38 AM

It feels like there’s something wrong with our culture, and that’s the problem!

My mom talks about the days when the whole family, including cousins, lived in the same apartment building. Nobody had any money then, even less than now. They all had each other.

Now my whole family is scattered across the country. Everybody just watches TV, works a little or a lot, and none of us really know each other, it’s isolating.

If the whole family lived close, my mom would surely be much happier. She’d have plenty of attention. She is sick and elderly. She should have a loving family see her.

It was too much for me to handle by myself. My other sister calls her daily and visits a few times a year. My other sister calls often, but never visits. Her sister calls her, but stopped visiting (she used to about once a year). My mom is isolated, in pain, and angry.

I feel isolated, too. Everybody sits in their homes watching TV. We do have this one couple of friends we see often. I do have this one gf I talk to nearly daily, but rarely see. She lives an hour away. I keep asking to meet her, that I’ll drive nearly all the way to her. But she doesn’t make the plans, I’m not sure why.

I have ennui! Lol

en·nui
/änˈwē/
noun
a feeling of listlessness and dissatisfaction arising from a lack of occupation or excitement.
"he succumbed to ennui and despair"
synonyms: boredom, tedium, listlessness, lethargy, lassitude, languor, restlessness, weariness, sluggishness, enervation;

Hugs from:
Open Eyes, TunedOut