View Single Post
WishfulThinker66
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2018
117 hugs
given
Default Jun 27, 2019 at 09:43 AM

Well I have mentioned before our mentalhealth care workers are humans. They deserve the same rights and freedoms we have. Would you feel it right if your employer and/or clients expected you to not take a holiday or personal time? I am pretty sure you'd be irate.

But I do understand the anxiety of not being able to see them. A professional therapist would recognise this and make arrangements for such while they were away.

By the way, I would personally never make contact with my own therapist or psychiatrist while they are away. They deserve to be free from work responsibilities while on their personal time. Again, wouldn't you expect this? So, if it were me I'd do everything I could to respect this. Afterall, there are supports out there if I am having a difficult week or two - other therapists in the office (many will provide their clients an on call temporary therapist while away), a crisis line, and even your personal family physician. Ultimately there is the hospital. However, I am pretty sure that one can manage being apart from their therapist for a week or two. If the situation is bad enough that they can't then the option of the family doctor or hospital is likely the most realistic thing to do.

What would you not appreciate if your roles were reversed? What would you tell a friend in the same situation to do.

In the meantime, I hope that you can get through the holiday without any events. Great luck and perhaps you can make the most of your own time away
WishfulThinker66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote