View Single Post
JustMe97

Member Since Jun 2019
1 hugs
given
Default Jun 27, 2019 at 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
You have had so much happen that you had to basically shut down and numb yourself and disassociate just to survive. It sounds like you have had to put your own life and personal development on hold starting at a very young age too.

Have you ever been able to see a therapist you can talk about all of this with?
Yeah but I have been seeing them on and off since I was 7 years old. The first one I saw would always have my mum in the room with us though. Since they assumed I was anxious and depressed about the bullying they never thought of me being screwed around with - especially since that started on my seventh birthday so I was really young. Since mum was there I was terrified of upsetting her by telling her 'the secret'.
I had no idea about sex so I thought it was completely normal and since my mum and eldest sister had their period at 7 and 9 I was just taught how to out on a pad if I bled. It wasn't until I actually got my period when I was 11 and told my dad that I think I have Gag's baby. My dad was like My parents had planned to give me the talk when I was going to high school at the end of that year. By then it had been going on for six years and by the time I was 11 it was really just another afternoon so I just tried my best to forget and just read my books, The world was really **** to me but I just used my intelligence to avoid any sort of serious discussion. Even typing this somehow terrifies me. So I would just talk about my future and persuade the conversation towards any other topic - so most of the time we would be just talking about how my mum, dad, brothers and sisters were acting (which basically broke down during the court case- which lasted four years thanks to appeals). Like I won the court case and all and he has been charged for related charges since my case made others want to come forward and now they had my case .
I guess I am just exhausted from that whole ordeal. He was put away the day before my 18th and it was also the same day as my university acceptance letter so I kinda just figured that I should take step. The only problem with that is the level of my families dysfunction. I love them all so damn much don't get me wrong. I continuously solve problems that would put a tv sitcom to shame aha
But in all seriousness no I haven't seen anyone really since I was 19 - and I am 21 now.
JustMe97 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote